Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy 13th, My Boy!

13 years ago today, my son, Joshua was born. Despite the frustraitons he gives his mother and me, I am proud to be his Dad! He's brought joy (and, yes, some anguish) into our lives. Early on, I vowed to raise our children in a better fasion than I was raised. In other words, NO abuse. I've achieved that, and very pleased with how he has turned out.

At first, though, it was touch-and-go with his health. Josh was born 1 month and 1 day early at a whopping 4.13 lbs. The amazing thing was that I was not only able to catch him but clean him up as well! Disgusting, you say? Not if it is your own son. I was also blessed to cut the cord. His first year was a little scary, though. Despite the high Apgar scores of 9 out of 10, he still wound up back in the hospital a few times. One of which we nearly lost him.

But all of that is past, 13 years later, he's made his mom & dad very proud. He's taller than his mom and ALMOST as tall as me!! Having become VERY skilled on the saxophone, 3rd Degree Blue Belt in Kung Fu and also posesses a very vivid imagination. If he gets his act together, which most do after a few years, he will be successful.

Joshua has been a blessing to me and will continue to bless our lives. I would have it NO other way.

~~~~~~Happy Birthday, my Son!~~~~~~

And, yes, it is fine for a Dad to tell his son, "I love you, Buddy!" I mean it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home