Sunday, February 12, 2006

Old Time Steamers


A friend sent me this picture and I wanted to post it here. It's a vintage photo. It's a real shame that people don't have much interest in trains. Many will say that they're "Fun for kids," or "eh, it's just a train, big deal." What people tend to forget is that trains played an integral and VERY important part in our American history as well as other parts of the world. Trains helped conquer the West, brought commerce to little "shanty towns" and moved people in the most efficient manner of the times. Even today, trains can go where other vehicles cannot. Trains hold a romance and in some cases, mystery that other things do not. So, next time you see a train, remember this, "That's how the West was Won!" :)

Thanks, Marn!

2 Comments:

Blogger QballRail said...

Then you would probably love my website... www.kingoftrains.com

Did I just spam my own blog??? *chuckle*

6:03 PM  
Blogger ZeeLV said...

I believe you just left some "splog."

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home