Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday?

Okay... going out on a limb here. I've a confession to make: I have NO interest in the Super Bowl! Not sure why but never really had any interest in sports, except playing them. Watching holds little interest for me. When I was younger I tried to get interested and actually was for a time. Anyone remember the Coryell Years with Dan Coryell and QB Dan Fouts? All the game fights with the Raiders, now THAT was exciting! I'll catch an occasional game now and then, but usually not an entire one.

If given the choice, I guess my Home-town team, the San Diego Chargers would be my pick. Why? Because I'm no flaky "fair-weather fan," that's why!! Sure, they do suck for the most part but I don't choose teams because they win. Now, if I bet on them it might be a different story. Since I'm no gambler (live in Vegas and not a gambler? RIGHT! But it is TRUE!), I pick my childhood favorite, the Chargers.

So, Super Bowl Sunday at my place is pretty much like any other Sunday. Probably will watch Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet for a short time. *chuckle* But it will be a normal end to the weekend here. No spilled beer, food in the living room or smoking in this house.

From what I've seen over the years, professional ball has become pretty political. Not sure if it is still banned, but I remember when the End-Zone victory dance was considered a penalty. The only information I've found is because it's not PC? Then this whole scandal over Janet Jackson's boob being flashed. BIG DEAL! It's just a body part! This country is so concerned over the human body it's sickening. That's a whole different discussion though. At any rate, I think that has also soured me against watching sports. So much in the way of politics and issues surrounding it takes the fun out of it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home